Kingston Aluminum Technology (KAT) located in Kingston, Ontario is a world-class manufacturer of aluminum packaging. We are a young dynamic company that is growing and looking for talented people who want to be part of it.
If you consider yourself a good fit, please let us know about you by sending us your resume to Betty@KatInc.ca.
POSITION: Electrical System Designer/PLC Programmer
- Automated industrial machinery PLC logic design and on-site commissioning. HMI/touchscreen design and implementation.
- On-site/remote support troubleshooting and commissioning of hardware including PLCs, VFDs, Servos, Digital/Analogue Field Devices and specialty sensors and scanners, actuators, motors, encoders, etc.
- Design/specification of electrical circuits/components and materials, technical selection, sizing evaluation of equipment and parts.
- Detailed Design and AD design completely or to support other designers/detailers.
- Customer technical support for new and existing installations.
- Working experience in automation or electrical design and programming.
- Knowledge of drives, remote IO etc. Good comprehension of PLCs programming and related hardware (Siemens, Beckhoff, Allen Bradley, Yaskawa etc.).
- Solid knowledge of electrical field devices, limit switches of various types, encoders, scanners.
- Good understanding of motor control, servos and VFDs Education: Vocational/Technical/Diploma
- College or University degree